Spotty cellular coverage, poor voice quality, dropped calls, and dead zones continue to plague employees and visitors in middleprise buildings. Boost Pro HYBRID is an Active DAS Hybrid that solves this problem. It is an affordable, all-digital solution. It provides uniform, high quality cellular signal throughout a building, and is scalable to the size needed. Boost Pro HYBRID is carrier approved and guaranteed network safe.
Unlike older analog boosters and passive DAS technology, Boost Pro HYBRID delivers a cellular signal that is up to 1000x stronger, utilizing CAT 5e cabling for RF and Power over Ethernet, with no signal attenuation right to the perimeter of the building. Boost Pro HYBRID can be installed in just days (compared to months typical of other solutions), and at a price point that meets the middleprise budget.
The Boost Pro HYBRID Solution
A building’s occupants deserve great cellular coverage! The majority of cellular phone calls take place inside, but cell networks are outside. 80% of business users inside complain of poor coverage or dropped calls. A building’s materials, while improving energy efficiency, will block or inhibit cellular service from the outside network. To exacerbate the issue, cellular coverage is increasingly not optional. In fact, cellular coverage can be considered a safety or even regulatory requirement depending on the region. Building owners need a high-quality solution that can serve the middleprise and not take a year to deploy.
Integrators and Carriers have partnered with Boost Pro to deliver a smart solution designed for middleprise buildings – Boost Pro HYBRID solutions.
- Boost Pro provides the HYBRID Planner Tool to help installers select the appropriate equipment in the right quantity, to eliminate the heavy cost / time of the planning effort.
- Boost Pro’s all-digital, scalable, PoE Cat5e solution makes it ideal for Single or Multi-Carrier environments.
- Boost Pro created a new solution category that combines its core technology with the architecture of an Active DAS – to deliver an Active DAS Hybrid – built for Installers.
Speed of Installation, higher quality in-building cellular solutions, and cost savings – are some of the reasons building owners, facility managers, and IT professionals are making the smart investment in the Boost Pro HYBRID solution.
A Solution for the Carrier
Boost Pro HYBRID is designed to improve indoor signal coverage without any risk of interference on the mobile network. Boost Pro HYBRID provides a sophisticated network-safe solution that has been engineered to deliver multiple levels of network protection:
- Uplink power control to prevent desensitizing the network
- Echo cancellation and feedback control
- Uplink gating
- Signal qualification (channels are individually qualified, so noise or very poor signals won’t be amplified and degrade the network)
The Boost Pro WAVE Platform cloud-based portal enables an operator to monitor signal KPI’s, such as channel configurations, RSRP, RSCP, SINR, and systems gains, providing control and optimization guidelines.
Smart Cellular Coverage
Boost Pro HYBRID is an active DAS hybrid solution for delivering high quality in-building cellular coverage in middleprise venues. It combines the best of active DAS and the Boost Pro technologies that have been widely adopted by carriers around the world. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in distributed small cell mode, creating a Supercell. Boost Pro HYBRID can be configured with components, for single or multi-carrier environments.
- Highest Coverage Gain: With 1000x more gain than the competition, Boost Pro HYBRID delivers a stronger signal and provides a larger coverage footprint in environments where the incoming signal is weak. This ensures the strongest possible signal is sent to the inside antennas.
- Highest Downlink Power: With 4x more downlink power than the competition, HYBRID ensures the strongest signal is sent to inside antennas to provide the largest coverage footprint.
- Highest Uplink Power: 2x more uplink power than the competition allows for a stronger signal transmission to the tower to maximize user capacity and increase the range from the cell site.
- Multi-Carrier 3G / 4G / LTE Voice and Data: Boost Pro is the only cellular coverage solution available with up to 100 dB off-air gain and single or multi-carrier support for 3G / 4G / LTE Voice and Data. Each Carrier has dedicated maximized gain enhancement; no sharing limited bandwidth between carriers.
- Supercell Mode: HYBRID systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. Supercells provide uniform access to the capacity introduced by the small cell, and are preferred by carriers in densely populated and high traffic areas.
- All Digital Cat5e PoE Solution: No need to deal with signal loss from coax, or the high costs of Fiber. Use existing dedicated Cat5e lines, or simply drop new ones without permits or difficult trenching. Cat5e is an easy to deploy, all digital solution that also delivers power from NU to CU.
- Built for Installers: Boost Pro HYBRID ships with installer tools that simplify the planning process, equipment selection, and antenna aiming to automate the hard math calculations of RF Planning and eliminate the complexity of specifying the system for the unique venue requirements.
- Setup, Maintenance, and Remote Management: Boost Pro provides the WAVE Portal application for easy setup, provisioning, and management via a Smart Phone or Cloud Portal, providing quick access to install and help your customers faster.
- Network Safe and Carrier Approved: Boost Pro products are built on an advanced Intelliboost technology to deliver the strongest possible signal when and where needed. As the environment changes, Boost Pro changes with it, without shutdown or interruption. Boost Pro has partnered with carriers around the world to distribute their signal at the safest and highest levels, guaranteeing consistent coverage.
Boost Pro HYBRID is a scalable solution that utilizes one or multiple Network Units, depending on the environment and size of the space, with up to four distributed Coverage Units connected to each Network Unit.
Off Air Mode
Boost Pro HYBRID can be installed off-air, using either a MIMO panel or omni donor antenna to provide high-quality in‑building wireless connectivity. Boost Pro HYBRID can be deployed by installers or IT personnel with Cat5e skills (no RF engineering skills needed).
A Supercell is comprised of a Boost Pro HYBRID system connected to a small cell. Multiple Boost Pro HYBRID systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. A Supercell with Boost Pro HYBRID is more efficient than multiple small cells, and the CUs of a Boost Pro HYBRID system connected to a Supercell do not interfere with one another.
Boost Pro HYBRID is available in two versions, with coordinating components. Multiple configurations are available by region and band specification.
Boost Pro HYBRID 1000
Boost Pro HYBRID 1000 is a Single Carrier MIMO Active DAS Hybrid that can be configured in Off-Air (with MIMO Panel Antenna) or Supercell modes. Boost Pro HYBRID 1000 solutions are scalable and can be deployed alongside one another to deliver Dual Carrier coverage.
Boost Pro HYBRID 2000
Boost Pro HYBRID 2000 is a Dual Carrier Active DAS Hybrid that can be configured for an Off-Air donor antenna. Boost Pro HYBRID 2000 solutions are scalable and can be deployed alongside one another to deliver Multi Carrier coverage.