In today’s digital age, a reliable mobile network is vital for seamless communication and connectivity. However, many areas, both urban and rural, suffer from weak or inadequate cellular signals, leading to frustrating call drops, slow data speeds, and limited coverage. Boost Pro Systems, a leading provider of cutting-edge wireless solutions in the UK, offers a range of advanced technologies to address these challenges. In this blog, we will explore the benefits, use cases, and cost comparisons of three key technologies: mobile repeaters, small cells, and distributed antenna systems (DAS).
Ofcom-Compliant Mobile Repeater
Improved Signal Strength
£1 per square ft
Localised Network Enhancement
£4-6 per square ft
Active Distributed Antenna System
£7 - £10 per square ft
*Keep in mind that these cost estimates are rough averages and should only serve as a general guideline. Actual costs can vary significantly based on the specific project requirements, vendor pricing, market conditions, and other factors. It’s essential to consult with professionals or service providers who can provide accurate cost estimates based on your unique needs and circumstances.
Mobile Repeaters: Strengthening Signals on the Go
Mobile repeaters, also known as signal boosters or amplifiers, are innovative devices designed to enhance cellular signals in specific areas. These solutions are particularly effective in areas with weak signal reception, such as buildings with thick walls or remote locations with limited coverage. At Boost Pro Systems, we offer state-of-the-art mobile repeaters that amplify and distribute signals, ensuring reliable and consistent connectivity throughout your premises.
Benefits of Mobile Repeaters
- Improved Signal Strength: Mobile repeaters amplify weak signals, effectively enhancing signal strength and improving call quality.
- Extended Coverage: By boosting signals, these devices expand the coverage area, ensuring connectivity even in previously unreachable spots.
- Enhanced Data Speeds: With stronger signals, data transfer rates increase, enabling faster browsing, downloads, and streaming.
- Cost-Effective Solution: Mobile repeaters offer a cost-effective alternative to expensive infrastructure upgrades, allowing you to improve coverage without major investments.
- No operator licence required, unlike Small Cell and DAS solutions.
- Rapid deployment: Repeaters can be installed in just a matter of days; Small Cells and Distributed Antennas Systems, on the other hand, can take several months.
Use Cases of Mobile Repeaters
- Residential Buildings: Boost Pro Systems’ mobile repeaters are ideal for enhancing mobile signals within homes and apartments, especially in areas where signals struggle to penetrate thick walls or basements.
- Commercial Spaces: Offices, retail stores, and warehouses often experience poor signal quality due to their size or building materials. Our mobile repeaters can significantly improve signal reception, benefiting both employees and customers.
- Remote Locations: Remote areas or buildings in secluded spots frequently suffer from weak or non-existent signals. Mobile repeaters enable reliable connectivity, essential for businesses, emergency services, and individuals in such areas.
The cost of mobile repeaters can vary depending on the type and quality of the device. On average, the cost per square foot for mobile repeaters is £1+. This estimate includes the cost of the repeater unit, installation, and any additional accessories or antennas required.
Small Cells: Empowering Localised Network Capacity
Small cells are low-power cellular base stations that can be strategically deployed to increase network capacity and coverage in specific locations. These compact devices operate on licensed or unlicensed spectrum bands and are capable of providing reliable cellular services to smaller areas. Boost Pro Systems offers advanced small cell solutions to cater to the growing demand for improved network performance.
Benefits of Small Cells
- Localized Network Enhancement: Small cells provide targeted coverage and capacity enhancements, ensuring a strong and reliable signal in crowded areas, such as shopping centers, stadiums, or transportation hubs.
- Offloading Network Traffic: By diverting traffic from overloaded macrocell networks, small cells alleviate congestion, resulting in improved call quality and faster data speeds.
- Scalability: Small cells can be easily deployed and scaled according to demand. As the number of users and data consumption grows, additional small cells can be seamlessly integrated.
- Cost-Efficient Network Expansion: Compared to traditional macrocell deployments, small cells require lower infrastructure investments and offer a more cost-effective solution for expanding network capacity in high-density areas.
Use Cases of Small Cells
- Urban Centers: Boost Pro Systems’ small cells are highly effective in dense urban environments, where high footfall and heavy data consumption can strain traditional networks. Deploying small cells in city centers ensures enhanced connectivity for residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Public Venues: Stadiums, concert halls, convention centers, and other public venues often face challenges in providing reliable connectivity to large crowds. Small cells can be strategically placed to cater to these temporary spikes in network demand, ensuring seamless communication and a better user experience.
- Rural Communities: Small cells play a crucial role in extending coverage to underserved rural areas, where macrocell deployments may be economically unfeasible. Boost Pro Systems’ small cell solutions bring improved connectivity to rural communities, supporting businesses, education, and emergency services.
The cost of small cell deployments can vary significantly depending on factors such as the type of small cell, the number of cells required, and the infrastructure needed. On average, the cost per square foot for small cells can range from £4 to £6 or more. This estimate includes equipment costs, installation, backhaul connectivity, and any necessary permits or regulatory fees.
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS): Extending Signal Reach
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) are comprehensive network solutions that involve a network of antennas connected to a central hub, enabling the distribution of cellular signals throughout a building or a larger area. Boost Pro Systems specializes in the deployment of advanced DAS solutions that enhance signal quality and coverage, catering to the needs of various industries.
Benefits of DAS
- Enhanced Coverage and Capacity: DAS significantly improves cellular coverage and capacity in large buildings, campuses, or public spaces by effectively distributing signals across multiple antennas.
- Consistent Signal Quality: By reducing signal loss and interference, DAS ensures a consistent and reliable signal throughout the coverage area, enabling uninterrupted voice calls and seamless data transfer.
- Scalable and Future-Proof Solution: DAS systems can be easily expanded and upgraded to accommodate growing user demands and evolving technologies, providing a long-term solution for reliable connectivity.
- Multiple Operator Support: DAS enables support for multiple cellular operators within a single system, allowing users to connect to their preferred network seamlessly.
Use Cases of DAS
- Healthcare Facilities: Hospitals, clinics, and medical centers require robust and reliable connectivity for critical communication, patient monitoring, and seamless data transfer. DAS installations ensure comprehensive coverage and support for medical IoT devices within healthcare environments.
- Transportation Hubs: Airports, train stations, and bus terminals experience high volumes of traffic, necessitating a robust network infrastructure. DAS solutions enable seamless connectivity for passengers, staff, and public safety services in these bustling transport hubs.
- Large Enterprises: Office buildings, corporate campuses, and shopping centers often require extensive coverage and capacity enhancements. DAS installations provide uniform coverage across multiple floors and areas, catering to the connectivity needs of employees, visitors, and customers.
The cost of DAS installations can vary depending on factors such as the size of the area, the number of antennas and remote units required, the complexity of the infrastructure, and the level of customization. On average, the cost per square foot for DAS installations can range from £7 to £10 or more. This estimate includes the cost of equipment, installation, design, and commissioning.
Boost Pro Systems, a UK-based leader in wireless solutions, offers a range of innovative technologies to enhance mobile connectivity. From mobile repeaters to small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS), our solutions address the challenges of weak signals and limited coverage, enabling seamless communication and improved data speeds. Whether it’s a residential building, a bustling urban center, or a large enterprise, Boost Pro Systems delivers cost-effective and scalable solutions to meet your specific needs. Trust Boost Pro Systems to boost your connectivity and unlock the full potential of mobile communications.